Monday, December 10, 2007

Bonjour, Toute le monde!

Diva's back in Paris. This time I was very good. I awoke much, much earlier from my "nap" than I did the last time. As you may or may not recall, I was in Paris last I believe on the 28th or 29th of last month. It was cold and rainy and I think I told you "mi come in like puss.. mi fraid wata..." in reality, it's the wearing of wet clothes while it's cold that I don't like. This go 'round, I awoke at 4pm local time and ventured out. I decided to go to Azzedine Alaia's spot that sells his stuff at 50% off. This is the placed that I had always dreamed of going back in the day before I had any kids... you know the deal, flat abs no flab... now after two kids, his designs ain't gonna have no love for my body. LOL! I went nonetheless as everything can't possibly be figure conscious and he does shoes as well. Got there before the shop closed, but I wasn't looking to spend the kind of money that they were asking for. I ventured on to an area that sold wholesale goods. I picked up a few vintagey looking handbags to give as Christmas gifts. The next stop was the department store BHV. While I've passed it before, I never actually went in. They had a nice assortment of goods. I was a good girl and bought nothing. I hopped on the metro again and headed to the Champs-Elysees. The Champs-Elysees was soooo beautiful. It had lots of holiday light going right down... soooo festive. It gave me that warm and fuzzy feeling inside. I popped into Promod to see what sort of goods they offered. After a quick once around, I left and headed to Sephora. Now, I had vowed not to buy anything any more from this Sephora as the dollar is so weak to the euro that it doesn't make sense. Why would I buy Christian Dior Diorshow mascara for 23 euro when I can purchase it for $23 US. Make sense? The euro is almost 1.5 times the US dollar. Makeup addict that I am, I did walk around. I had the nerve to have on my video recorder taping randomly. I'll upload it when I return to the States. What I did end up getting, as I do have one of those Sephora VIP cards issued to me from this Paris branch of Sephora, was a gift set of French perfume. I once upon a time wanted "Eau de Soir" and was going to purchase it in NY. I found it to be expensive and very heavy. I've also read that fragrances in France are made differently than their American counterparts... then again, this is a fragrance made in France. I took the tester and sprayed myself, then for whatever the reason, instantly felt french. Then the Sisley manager made a deal I couldn't refuse. They were selling the sets for maybe a euro more than the single fragrance. My set included a 1oz spray and shower gel. She threw in 3 mini bottles as I love collecting mini bottles (that alone had me sold as I've seen those selling for at least $15-$20 US) and tons of skincare samples. OK. It was a deal. I had my Sephora card on me and it also had an offer for a free eye contour lifting sample. OK, cool, but then the girl put is soooo much "swag" in my bag! I've been toying with Prada's new fragrance Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum but once again, wasn't ready to put out the money as I've been spendingt money on high end fragrances and need to slow it down. Sephora gave me at least 3 of those samples and a plethora of other items that I need to look at again as the goodies are in my hotel room and I'm in the crew lounge. I felt that my purchase was more than compensated. From here, I headed to Monoprix. I usually shop the one by my hotel, but I feared at the rate I was going, it would be closed by time I got back. I bought some soaps by Le Petit Marseillais. This is the one that I have in my rollerboard. It's supposed to be hydrating and doesn't leave me feeling dry. I also have this one. This is a HUMONGOUS bar and I have yet to get a soap dish to fit it. In addition to that, I needed to replenish my sunblock. This brown girl swears by sunblock. Skin protection helps keeps the skin youthful! I got La Roche-Posay's Anthelios W SPF 40 Sunblock gel. I figured I'd get this so I can use it here and in hotter climates like Jamaica and Ghana.... yeah, planning ahead! LOL! I've noticed that my branch of Duane Reade near my house is carrying a couple of these cosmeceutical skincares lines and I'm happy to say it was cheaper here than what I'm seeing online. I got mine for 17 euros and change. Here is the entire Anthelios line. I might try the Anthelios XL next. That' s what I originally went for, but decided to try the Antelios W. OK, off to my room I go... will post videos and pics later. I know several entries are missing pics.

No comments: